SOUTH ATLANTIC REGIONAL CONFERENCE (SARC) IV
February 27-29, 2008
St. Petersburg, Florida
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
CONFERENCE THEME: “The Surreal Landscape: Information professionals mastering the challenges of time and space”
Participate in the South Atlantic Regional Conference (SARC IV), a division of SLA, by proposing a presentation for the Conference. In addition to topics generated by the conference theme, we are interested in receiving presentation proposals in the following areas:
- Emerging technologies
- Interdisciplinary research between information centers of varying types
- Unstructured data and the digital universe
- Scholarly research and publication alternatives and solutions
- Collaboration between business, science, profit/non-profit and information professionals – breaking the barriers
- Emerging special libraries and information centers – where are they needed or disappearing to, whatâ€™s needed in the future
- Digital-only “libraries” and the services to support them
Please send an abstract (not exceeding 250 words) of your proposed presentation by Aug 1, 2007 to the Program Chair. All accepted presentations will receive a speakerâ€™s honorarium of $350. We will notify you by Sept 1, 2007 if your presentation has been accepted. Send all proposal abstracts via email to: Pam Doffek, Program Chair, at email@example.com. Please put “SARC Proposal” in your subject line.
The SARC IV Conference will be attended by approximately 300 librarians from the South Atlantic Region (VA, NC, SC, GA, FL).