Date(s) - 08/21/2019 - 09/26/2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
TBLC Training Facility
- Administration and Library Management
- Instructor: Diana Silveira
- Professional Development
This is a 4-part blended Course that includes one in-person session and 3 webinars. Participants who register agree to attend each session and participate in the online platform activities to receive a certificate of completion.
Here’s a look at the schedule of live training:
Face to Face – 10am – 4pm – August 21
Webinar 1 – 10am – 11am – August 29
Webinar 2 – 10am – 11am – Sept 12
Webinar 3 – 10am – 11am – Sept 26
Social Media is simple, right? You login and post…simple? Don’t we wish; it is deceivingly hard to create an effective social presence to connect with users. During this multi-session course, we delve into creating social media that works.
During these sessions, we will work on creating specific plans for attendees through presentations, discussions, and in-between class work.
We will focus on:
- Creating a social media calendar based on times, topics and demographics
- Exploring the underlying algorithms for posts to appear to users and strategies to improve the visibility of posts
- Utilizing analytics to adjust your social media postings
- Tools to create compelling posts and manage social media effectively
Each attendee will develop a custom plan of action using strategies and tools discussed in the series.
|Presented by Diana Silveira
Diana is a librarian and president of Novare Library Services where she works with libraries to develop, implement and utilize technology effectively. Previously she worked at the Tampa Bay (FL) Library Consortium and the Charlotte Mecklenburg (NC) Library. She has an MLIS from UNC-Greensboro and a BS in psychology from Catawba College. Her book Library Technology Planning for Today and Tomorrow is available through Amazon and the Rowan & Littlefield Website.