Date(s) - 08/08/2014
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Palm Harbor Library
An informal workshop with lively discussion, focused on emerging trends in technology that will affect libraries and librarians. We will extensively discuss Big Data, Wearable Computing, and Predictive Search. There will be many more topics of discussion, including:
- An intro to near-future technologies that will impact your library
- New hardware, software, and privacy products to consider for your library
- Technology purchasing tips that will save your organization money
- Important computer and network security news, protect your organization and patrons from miscreants
- Network products that will enhance performance and security, and lower operating costs
- Public access computer products and services that you need to know about
- Discussion of upcoming changes in software and operating systems that will strongly affect the way we use computers
- Product demonstrations and promotional/informational materials will be available to attendees
If you want to be on the cutting edge of library information technology, or if you are a Director or supervisor involved in IT spending, then this workshop will provide you with the information you need to make excellent, forward-looking decisions.
Mickey Boyd ~ Instructor Bio
Mickey Boyd is known to many Florida librarians for his workshops on technology, security, and managing public computers.
Registrations are closed for this event.