Date(s) - 09/30/2014
The eBook format gives everybody the opportunity to become their own publisher. With this two-part class, we will go from creation to final product – providing participants with the options libraries and local authors will have to publish their own work.
The classes will focus on:
- The growing trends in publishing and the movement toward self-publishing
- Understanding formats and DRM issues
- Creating covers and cover art
- Frequent issues and the fixes
- How to use Kindle Publishing and Calibre to create your ebook
- Options authors and libraries have for distributing and selling their ebook.
Instructor: Rachel Eichen
Rachel Eichen is a certified presenter who has had over three years of teaching experience. She has taught computer classes to passengers on the Grand Princess cruise ship, which included such topics as Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office. She also taught classes while working within the software industry. She enjoys learning about new technology trends and loves sharing this information with others. Rachel holds a Master’s degree in Library & Information Science and a bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing.
Originally broadcast May 13 & 20, 2014.