Sunshine State Library Leadership Institute: Year 7
The Sunshine State Library Leadership Institute prepares individuals to lead libraries today and into the future. If you are a dynamic, creative, and achievement oriented individual who is interested in increasing and improving your library leadership knowledge and skills, apply today.
Beginning in 2010, the Institute will be a blended learning experience that includes:
• 3 online classes
• 7 face-to-face faculty-led classes
• Online resources including a wiki and webinars
• Self-selected, goal-based mentoring partnerships
• Live and online performance and learning support
Applications online at http://dlis.dos.state.fl.us/bld/leadership
Applications accepted from March 15, 2010 – June 1, 2010
Notification of Acceptance – August 1, 2010
Prepares individuals to lead libraries today and into the future
A year-long comprehensive series of face-to-face and online learning sessions designed to increase and improve individual leadership competencies.
The Institute is based on four foundations:
• Core leadership competencies
• Shared learning experiences
• Practical application assignments
• Mentoring partnerships
• Library staff from all types of libraries (public, academic, school, and special) who are dynamic,
creative, and achievement oriented
• Professional librarians as well as individuals in management positions without an MLS
• Library staff with a minimum of two years professional work experience
• Fort Lauderdale or Ocala, and on your desktop
The Sunshine State Library Leadership Institute is made possible by a Library Services and Technology Act grant administered by the Florida Department of State, State Library and Archives of Florida.