The Tampa Bay Library Consortium (TBLC) is pleased to recognize six distinguished leaders with its “Library Champion Award” for exceptional support for libraries for 2014.
These individuals are being recognized for the roles that they played in increasing funding for libraries and other support during the 2014 Legislative Session.
This year the Legislature provided a $5,110,989 increase for State Aid to Public Libraries (to $27,409,823), funded public library construction projects for the first time since 2008, 6 projects at $2,997,000, and funded Multitype Library Cooperatives at $2 million.
• Senator Jeff Brandes – Serves District 22, including parts of Hillsborough and Pinellas counties
• Senator Andy Gardiner – Serves District 13 including parts of Brevard and Orange counties
• Senator Jack Latvala – Serves District 20 including part of Pinellas County
• Senator Joe Negron – Services District 32, including parts of Indian River, Martin, Palm Beach, and St. Lucie counties
• Representative Ed Hooper – District 67, including part of Pinellas County
• Representative Seth McKeel – District 40, including part of Polk County
TBLC appreciates and thanks the leaders honored here, Governor Scott, and all of the legislators whose support for Florida libraries contributed to this year’s legislative successes!