If you already have a Pinterest account and you have been pinning and organizing all of your pictures, posts, and websites, it’s time to learn something new! Here’s how to create a secret board in Pinterest. Secret boards allow pinners to hide specific boards from followers and other viewers.
Every user can add up to three secret boards. Existing boards cannot be made private because other people may have already repinned items from that board.
How to set up a secret board:
- At the bottom of your profile page, below all of your boards, there will be an area for secret boards.
- Click on the secret board to add the board name and category.
- You can invite certain people to have access to your secret board, or no one at all.
- If you would like to turn your secret board into a public board, you can change the options in your settings.
Secret boards on your mobile device:
- Both for IOS and Android devices
- Click on your profile tab in your app, then your boards tab, and scroll to the bottom to create a secret board
Examples on why a secret board would be useful:
- If you are planning a surprise event in the library
- New children’s or youth program in the process of creating
- Party for the friends of the library or trustees
- Retirement party for a colleague
Looking to learn more on Pinterest? Check out What’s Trending in Technology: Pinterest